I recently came across these adorable sun hats on Instagram and I thought to myself, I can probably make that? I come from a house with a mother who glued individual rhinestones on my dance costumes until 2:30 in the morning. I was fortunate enough to take on her craft abilities. This Sunhat is the cutest trend for vacation and instead of paying a decent amount of money; I can show you how to make one for under $15.00.
1. You are going to need to buy sequin trimming (many colors to choose from but I suggest black), Adhesive glue for fabrics, a floppy hat with a wide rim, a pencil and most importantly your saying! I purchased my floppy hat from Francesca’s on clearance for only $4.00!
2. Picking what saying you want was the hardest part of this whole process. I went with, La Vie Set Belle : Life is beautiful. It is.
3. Take a pencil and outline the brim of the hat with what saying you want. If the pencil is not showing up, you can use a black marker.
4. After you’ve outlined the hat, start by tracing it with the glue, one word at a time.
5. The glue does dry quickly so immediately follow it with the sequin trimming. It is difficult to explain but in order for it to lay flat you will need to cut the trimming in certain places to make it work.
6. After you trim the writing with the fabric, you are done. I taped the edges of the sequin trimming to prevent it from falling off and fraying. A little scotch tape should work. And there you have it ladies a floppy hat! If you have any questions, feel free to comment below. Tag me in your floppy hats! I’d love to see.